SAN FRANCISCO, April 19, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The global healthcare personal protective equipment market size is anticipated to reach USD 21.85 billion by 2030 registering a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The high prevalence of Covid-19, especially in North America and Europe, is expected to drive the product demand throughout 2022.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- The respiratory protection product segment is likely to witness the fastest CAGR from 2023 to 2030 owing to the high demand for products, such as N95 respirators and surgical masks.
- The hospitals end-use segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 56.2% in 2022 due to the predominant use of PPE in hospitals along with improving hygiene and safety standards in hospitals, particularly in developing countries.
- Europe led the global healthcare PPE market and accounted for 34.3% of the revenue share in 2022. The Covid-19 pandemic has drastically increased the product demand in the region.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing regional market from 2023 to 2030 due to factors, such as developing healthcare infrastructure, rising medical tourism, and increasing demand for home care facilities.
- Key companies in the market are focusing on expanding their production capacities and geographical reach to fulfill the rising demand due to the global pandemic. For instance, in November 2020, 3M installed two new production lines at its facility in Aberdeen, South Dakota, to increase the production of N95 respirator masks.
Read full market research report, “Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Respiratory Protection, Hand Protection), By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030”, published by Grand View Research.
Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market Growth & Trends
Increased product demand due to the global pandemic ultimately strained the supply chain, thereby creating a shortage in the market. However, with the manufacturers increasing their production capacities and several industry participants pivoting their production from their usual products to personal protective equipment (PPE), the supply chain has improved over the past few months.
Organizations, such as the European Commission (EC) and the U.S. FDA, are collaborating with manufacturers and other industry players to increase production. For instance, in March 2020, the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) and the EC agreed to make relevant standards freely and fully available to increase PPE production in Europe.
The long-term impact of the pandemic on the market involves strategic stockpiling of critical PPE supplies, significant growth in the manufacturing capacities of various participants, industrial PPE manufacturing serving the healthcare industry, and a rise in the number of mergers & acquisitions as well as new entrants.
Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global healthcare personal protective equipment market on the basis of product, end-use, and region
Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market – Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Protective Clothing
- Respiratory Protection
- Surgical Masks
- Respirator Masks
- Face Protection
- Eye Protection
- Hand Protection
- Disposable Gloves
- Durable Gloves
Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market – End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Home Healthcare
- Outpatient/Primary Care Facilities
Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market – Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- South Africa
List of Key Players in Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Ansell Ltd.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- O&M Halyard, Inc.
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- U.S. Personal Protective Equipment Market– The U.S. personal protective equipment market size is anticipated to reach USD 32.5 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is driven by increasing spending on worker safety and protective products coupled with rising awareness about stringent safety rules & regulations.
- U.S. Law Enforcement PPE Market – The U.S. law enforcement PPE market is expected to reach USD 1.18 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 5.0% in the forecast period. Surging expenditure on protective gear for law enforcement personnel is significantly boosting the market growth.
- U.K. PPE In Construction Market – The U.K. PPE in construction market size is expected to reach USD 428.4 million by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of 5.9% from 2020 to 2027. The rising awareness regarding employee safety and health, coupled with increasing fatalities at workplace on account of lack of protection, is expected to drive the demand for personal protective equipment (PPE).
Browse through Grand View Research’s Smart Textiles Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.