SAN FRANCISCO, June 5, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The global home healthcare market size is expected to reach USD 666.9 billion by 2030, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 7.96% over the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to cost-efficiency, improved patient outcomes, and convenience offered by home healthcare agencies. In addition, the rising geriatric population and the growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, and orthopedic conditions, are expected to drive market growth. As per the Population Reference Bureau data updated in June 2019, the number of people aged 65 years and above was 52 million in 2018 and is projected to double by 2060 to reach 95 million. The World Health Organization (WHO) statistics state that there are around 50 million dementia patients in the world with 10 million new cases getting added every year. This number is expected to reach 82 million by 2030.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- Services dominated the component segment in 2022 attributed to the growing demand for skilled nurse in-home care for services like physical and occupational therapy.
- Growing demand for skilled nurses for rehabilitation service, wound dressings, tube feedings, and maintaining stable patient health drive the growth of this segment. Mainly, patients suffering major trauma due to accidents or those suffering from strokes opt for rehabilitation services to improve their way of talking, walking, and feeding themselves all over again.
- The demand for home therapeutic equipment is increasing due to the rising prevalence of chronic conditions such as respiratory diseases, kidney disorders, and diabetes. The segment is expected to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Advancement in technology is likely to favor the growth of the home healthcare equipment market. For instance, active home telemonitoring devices can help in capturing vital signs and symptoms which helps the home health agency.
- Neurological & mental disorder accounted for the largest revenue share in 2022 owing to increasing disease prevalence
- North America is the most mature region of the market. The presence of a large geriatric population in this region coupled with sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and relatively higher patient disposable income levels are some of the key factors.
Read 252 page market research report, “Home Healthcare Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component (Equipment, Services), By Indication (Cardiovascular Disorder & Hypertension, Diabetes & Kidney Disorders), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030”, published by Grand View Research.
Microscope Market Growth & Trends
The establishment and maintenance of hospitals and other healthcare establishments are capital-intensive efforts. Hence, healthcare solution providers are now entering the rapidly growing market in an attempt to capitalize on the available opportunities and contain costs. Although hospital-at-home models are less prevalent in the U.S. than they are in other countries, several noteworthy initiatives have been undertaken in the past decade. These include programs at Johns Hopkins, Marshfield Clinic Health System, and Mount Sinai, which partnered with PE-backed Contessa in 2016. Moreover, these organizations engage extensively in mergers and acquisitions to expand their regional presence. Hospitals such as Apollo (Apollo Homecare) and Max ([email protected]) have entered the Indian homecare industry. Some have also established joint ventures, including the Burman family (promoters of Dabur) and UK-based Healthcare at Home, as well as India Home Healthcare and Bayada Home Healthcare, based in the U.S.
The demand for home care services is expected to increase in the immediate future, owing to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. These services are safer and cost-effective alternatives to hospital services. External substitutes, including hospitals, informal care, and other healthcare establishments, pose a limited threat, mostly due to their high costs. Thus, the threat of substitutes in the market is expected to be moderate during the forecast period.
Microscope Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global home healthcare market on the basis of component, indication, and region:
Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Home respiratory therapy equipment
- Insulin delivery devices
- Home IV pumps
- Home dialysis equipment
- Diabetic care unit
- BP monitors
- Multi para diagnostic monitors
- Home pregnancy and fertility kits
- Apnea and sleep monitors
- Holter monitors
- Heart rate monitors
- Mobility Assist
- Wheel chair
- Home medical furniture
- Walking assist devices
- Skilled Home Healthcare Services
- Physician primary care
- Nursing care
- Physical/occupational/speech therapy
- Nutritional support
- Hospice & palliative care
- Unskilled Home Healthcare Services
Indication Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Cardiovascular Disorder & Hypertension
- Diabetes & Kidney Disorders
- Neurological & Mental Disorders
- Respiratory Disease & COPD
- Maternal Disorders
- Mobility Disorders
- Wound Care
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players in the Home Healthcare Market
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Sunrise Medical
- 3M Healthcare
- Baxter International Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Air Liquide
- Amedisys, Inc.
- NxStage Medical, Inc. (Fresenius Medical Care)
- Arkray, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Omron Healthcare, Inc.
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- GE Healthcare
- Medline Industries, Inc
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Linde Healthcare
- Acelity (3M)
- Teleflex, Inc.
- Moog Inc.
- Intersurgical Ltd.
- Fresenius Kabi AG.
- Bayer HealthCare
- GF Health Products, Inc.
- Service Providers
- Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
- Almost Family, Inc.
- National HealthCare Corporation
- Chubb Fire & Security Pty Ltd
- Gentiva Health Services, Inc.
- Medco Home Healthcare, Inc.
- Addus Homecare
- Brookdale Senior Living Solutions
- Sunrise Carlisle, LP (Sunrise Senior Living, LLC)
- Genesis Healthcare, Inc.
- Extendicare, Inc.
- SONIDA SENIOR LIVING. (CAPITAL SENIOR LIVING CORPORATION)
- Diversicare Healthcare Services, Inc.
- Home Instead, Inc.
- Senior Care Centers of America
- Atria Senior Living, Inc
Check out more market research studies published by Grand View Research:
- Pediatric Home Healthcare Market – The global pediatric home healthcare market size is expected to reach USD 68.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2021 to 2028. The growing population of Children with Medical Complexities (CMC) requiring in-home care is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Biosensors Market – The global biosensors market size is anticipated to reach USD 49.8 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 8.0% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The key factors driving the industry growth include various applications in the healthcare/medical sector, increasing demand in the bioprocessing industry, and rapid technological advancements in drug screening due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Moreover, the pandemic led to the rapid expansion of the biosensor industry due to an increase in the number of hospitals worldwide.
- Silver Wound Dressing Market – The global silver wound dressing market size is expected to reach USD 1.3 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising cases of diabetic foot ulcers, introduction of technologically advanced products, and increasing cases of accidents and burns globally are the key driving factors for the market.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.